Astrology is an ancient practice that has been around for centuries. There are two main types of astrology- Western and Vedic. Western astrology is more popular in the West, while Vedic astrology is more popular in the East. There are many differences between the two systems, but here are some of the most notable ones.
One of the biggest differences between Western and Vedic astrology is that Western astrology is more connected to the Sun, while Vedic astrology is more connected to the Moon. The Sun represents masculine energy, while the Moon represents feminine energy. This is why Western astrology is more focused on psychology, while Vedic astrology focuses more on an individual’s karma, dharma, and unique life path.
Another difference between the two systems is that Western astrology uses the twelve signs of the zodiac, while Vedic astrology uses twenty-seven signs. This is because Vedic astrology takes into account both the lunar and solar cycles, while Western astrology only considers the solar cycle.
Overall, Western and Vedic astrology are two very different ways of looking at the stars. While they share some similarities, they also have their own unique aspects that make them each stand out from the other.
One of the most common questions I get asked is: “What’s the difference between Vedic and Western astrology?”
It’s a great question, because there are actually quite a few differences between these two ancient systems of divination. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the key ways in which Vedic and Western astrology differ:
– Vedic astrology uses the sidereal zodiac, whereas Western astrology uses the tropical zodiac. This means that the signs of the zodiac line up differently in Vedic and Western astrology.
– In Vedic astrology, the planets are also given different meanings than they are in Western astrology. For example, in Vedic astrology, Mercury is known as the “planet of communication,” while in Western astrology, it is associated with commerce and travel.
– The way that houses are defined also varies between Vedic and Western astrology. In Vedic astrology, there are 12 houses, each representing a different area of life, whereas in Western astrology there are only 10 + houses.
– Vedic astrology places more emphasis on the placement of the planets in the houses, while Western astrology focuses more on the placement of the planets in the signs.
– Vedic astrology is generally more predictive in nature, while Western astrology is more interpretive.
Hopefully this has given you a better understanding of some of the key differences between Vedic and Western astrology! If you’re interested in learning more about either system, I highly recommend checking out some books or online resources.
You can contact us for any further information.Thank you for Visiting !!!